Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mad Toy Run



Finally, since the opening of the show at the Random Tea Room, I have inspiration/motive to make a lot of new work. The artist I have had booked (months ago) to show her work in the Art Shop window this December bailed out (about a week ago). In lieu of scrambling to find an alumna who would be able to pull together a site-specific installation in a matter of weeks, I decided to put that pressure on myself.

I'm not favoring myself or anything, but having begun the project with myself in mind, the opportunity just came sooner rather than later. Shameless self promotion.

In light of the upcoming holiday season, the title of the installation will be Mad Toy Run. I was inspired by the piece I put in the last show, a printmaking nightmare maquette of a hand getting stuck in a printing press...VanStudio won't be hosting any all night printing marathons anytime soon...

The installation will be up through the holidays, with the shop open through Xmas eve. The opening 'reception' or 'viewing party' is December 1st, from 4-6pm. It'll be cold, so we serve coffee and tea at the winter openings.

Look for a menagerie of cut paper, prints and found object sculptures. Very exciting...lots of paper scraps on the studio floor...

1 comment:

  1. wish i could be there to see it! good luck getting it all together. xxoo, mandy

    ReplyDelete